To obtain a Marriage License (18 & older):
- No appointment necessary
- Both parties must appear together
- Both parties must have current photo I.D.
- Each party must have their Social Security Number
- Cost of Marriage License – $28.00 cash, check, money order or credit card.
- Office Hours are 8:30 A.M. 5:00 P.M. Mon – Fri
- Closed weekends and Holidays.
Proof of Identity and Age (Idaho Code 32-202) – Applicants 16 or 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The applicant must present one of the following:
- Original birth certificate or a certified copy
- Current driver’s license
- State-issued identification card
- Parent or legal guardian must complete
- Affidavit of Consent to Marriage of minor – Must be written and signed in the presence of the Clerk
- Legal guardian must supply a certified copy of their appointment of guardianship
*Please Note: Applicants 15 years of age and under will also need a court order to get married *
- Your marriage license is valid anywhere in Idaho and there is not a waiting period.
- If you wish to get married the same day by our Judge you will need to make an appointment with him through the Court Clerk’s Office: 208-495-2806.
- There is no expiration date on your marriage license. But if it is not performed or recorded with a year, please contact Vital Statistics at: 208-334-5980.
- The Bride’s name will not change until after the bottom portion of the marriage license is filled out and recorded at the Court House of which it is purchased is recorded. This happens after the ceremony. Then a certified copy of the recorded marriage license may be purchased from the Recorder for only $3.00 and a self-addressed, stamped envelope. This certified copy of your recorded marriage license is what you need for your name changes and passports.