CLERK OF THE DISTRICT COURT, EX-OFFICO AUDITOR AND RECORDER
OFFICE OF THE OWYHEE COUNTY CLERK MISSION STATEMENT
As public servants, elected and entrusted by the citizens of Owyhee County to carry out the statutory mandates of the Clerk of the District Court, we pledge to:
- TREAT our customers fairly and always, with respect and dignity
- RESPECT taxpayer dollars, using our resources to achieve the highest level of efficiency at the lowest possible cost
- FAITHFULLY adhere to our statutory duties
- COOPERATE with all County Offices and Departments to improve Owyhee County government
- Continuously strive to improve the delivery of services to the public and those we serve within the County
- Promote professionalism within the County Clerk’s Office and throughout County government
- Utilize the latest technologies where possible to improve public access to our records and preserve the historical records of the County
The County Clerk has one of the most diverse jobs of all county elected officials. Elected by partisan ballot every 4 years, the Clerk has five distinct titles as outlined in Idaho Code. Elected as the Clerk of the District Court she also serves in an ex-officio capacity as the County Auditor and Recorder. Additionally, the position is the Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners and the Chief Elections Officer for the entire county.
- As Clerk of the District Court, the Clerk oversees all functions of court activity which includes daily court business, fines and fees, court records retention, court clerk supervision and the jury process. The court office also processes US Passport applications.
- As Ex-officio Auditor, the Clerk is the Chief Budget Officer for the County and all of its departments. The clerk’s office handles all county expenditures and revenues, budgeting, payroll and human resource functions.
- As Ex-officio Recorder, the Clerk is the official custodian of all county land records. The clerk’s office is tasked with recording all instruments and maintaining all digital images. Additionally, all marriage licenses, alcohol beverage licenses and catering permits are issued by the Recorder.
- As Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners, the Clerk is responsible to record, manage and maintain all official acts and records of the Board.
- As the Chief Election Official in Owyhee County, the Clerk is charged with the duty of voter registration and conducting all primary, general and special district elections.
Along with these statutory duties, the Owyhee County Clerk is also the County Risk Manager, Human Resource Director, Information Technology Director and responsible for Indigent Services, Emergency Services Coordination, Taxing District Levy & Financial Reporting.
Angela Barkell, Clerk
P.O. Box 128
Murphy, ID 83650
Only Fax: 208-495-1226
Monday thru Friday
Clerk: Angie Barkell
Chief Deputy and Indigent Director: Belle Evans
Deputy Recorder: Marcy Peterson
Deputy Auditor: Zoe Daulton
Deputy Elections Clerk: Audra Yosikane
Human Resources: Rachelle Fahey